Tuesday, May 27, 2008

LA Daddy!

Sorry for the lack of updates these past couple of weeks. I was lucky enough to be able to come down to L.A. with Mr. Yuta Onoda to live and paint in the studio with Tessar, Yoskay, Scott and Nate. The best way to describe these guys is prolifically talented beasts!....or the art version of Entourage. I feel like i'm learning a ton from watching these guys do their thang. I'm super grateful to be able to work with the bros. Sidebar- free refills....BOOYAH!!

Here's one of the pieces that I've finished since coming down here.


20" by 25", acrylic and ink on paper

On an art note, this piece will be on display in the 3rd annual Culver city Artwalk@ project:gallery. The show kicks off on the 31st of may! I'll be posting some photos of la vie en LA as well as some of the other pieces that will be on display.

take care

10 comments:

marcus said...

nice to see it finished. it looks great!

Ryan Christiani said...

When I one day get a tattoo, i want you to do the design, like the clouds on your arm there...

Greg Dubeau said...

Are you on some sort of steroids . . . like . . . .acylic steroids? This is crazy good, my most favourite piece I have ever seen you do. Spot on homie. Spot on.

Yuta Onoda said...

i am glad that you finished the piece! very original. one of the strongest piece you have done!lets do some more action painting!!

Anonymous said...

kinda failed.

yoskay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eduardo Avenir II said...

very cool man! I'd love to see you make a shot by shot process of how you do this kind of stuff sometime....animation noob here wanting to learn the ways of an illustrator lol

Irma Kniivila said...

Oh man, It's you guys!

I hear you guys are having a real blasty-blast down in LA.

One of my favourite things about your work is that I can see clearly how your sketchbook translates into your finished pieces.

Lovely!

pete ryan said...

this just blew my mind

Chris Coles said...

Nimit...Nice work! This looks like a really emotional piece. I know I personally become more in touch with myself when I travel. Nice.