Friday, November 07, 2008

Tsk, Tsk, TIFF

For my graphic design class, we were given the assignment to do our own redesign on the 'Toronto International Film Festival' poster campaign. I went back and forth with a few concepts that I wanted to go with for this project...I initially wanted to do a whole retro thing and go with a nostalgic sensation, but that wasn't really doing it for me...so I started thinking about it more and researching the festival further, and settled upon the idea that everyone who comes to the festival pretty much lives and breaths movies ('film-heads' if you will) and considering that it's the 2nd largest film festival in the world, next to Cannes, everyone there wants to stand out from the crowd. So this is what I came up with.

It was a lot of fun to just use straight photoshop for this project, with the drawing of all the characters to the background and all the shapes, even though it's a big no-no for graphic design. Sorry Ms. Dallas.

3 comments:

Irma Kniivila said...

God, this is such a badass poster.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why J-Dilla was calling your poster a brochure?! she was obviously loving it so she had to bash it.

it reminds me of Josh Cochran!

Nimit Malavia said...

haha, thanks guys!

Ashley- This dude is soo effing rad!! That actually makes my day that you think it looks like him!